International Graduate Admissions

image You’ve earned your undergraduate degree and you are ready for the next step in your education. At UWA, we offer a number of graduate degree programs and we want to make the process of applying as easy as possible. You can apply for admission to our graduate programs here.

Document Deadlines

Fall Semester: July 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Summer Semester: April 1

College Transcripts: 

When you arrive on campus, you will need to submit a transcript to the Office of Admissions from each university you’ve attended. You must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last institution attended. We also require that you have your official transcripts evaluated by an outside evaluation service if the official transcript is not in English. It will need to be course by course evaluation.  You can email an unofficial college transcript in PDF form from each university attended to Foreign College transcripts are required to be evaluated directly from an evaluation service affiliated with the National Association of Credit Evaluation Services (NACES). For a listing of NACES member organizations and their contact information, please visit .

Spantran Evaluation gives a special rate to prospective UWA students at this link: SpanTran Application for the University of West Alabama

If you are admitted to UWA, one official transcript from each university needs to be mailed to:

Meng Xu

University of West Alabama,
Office of Admissions
Station 4
Livingston, AL 35470

Questions concerning the procedures for admission may be sent to Meng Xu

Copy of Passport

We accept an uploaded PDF copy. You can email your passport directly to The Passport must be valid with an expiration date of no less than 6 months from the start date of the term. Statement of Financial Support: (Bank Statement) The total expenses for the 2017-2018 school year are $23,800. We require banks statements that verify that amount. The total includes expenses for tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, International Student Health insurance, and most other personal expenses.

UWA Financial Statement Form

Download the UWA Financial Statement Form here. It must be completed by your sponsor, indicating his/her willingness to finance your education. We accept an uploaded PDF copy.

Dependent Information (If applicable):

If your spouse and/or children are coming with you, we will need a copy of all dependent passports. Only a spouse or children may be claimed as dependents. We accept uploaded PDF copies (email to